November is here and it is the time of year that everyone recalls all that they are thankful for. The past few months have been so busy getting ready for our baby girl, that sadly I have focused more on what projects need to get done and less on the amazing tender mercies that I see every day in my life. I have so much to be grateful for its crazy. So today I decided instead of figuring out what project to work on next, I decided to take some time to write about a few things that I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for a healthy baby girl that will be in my arms soon.
A lot of people know, but most do not, I had some minor complications early on in my pregnancy. Almost as soon as I found out that I was pregnant I felt uneasy. Like I was waiting for a ticking time bomb or something. I just felt that something bad was going to happen. I remember going to my husband near tears, I was so worried, and nothing had even happen yet. Anyways, after talking about it I ask for a Priesthood blessing. It is such an amazing blessing to be married to an amazing husband who holds the Priesthood! In the blessing, he talked about how there would be trials in this pregnancy but it will turn out alright in the end. I felt a little better and went on with my daily life. My life at that time was anything but calm. Haha! I was planning a baby shower, choreographing a dance for a church activity and performing in it, and choreographing for a youth dance festival, just to name a few things. Well my luck caught up to me. And not only was I starting to cramp, but I was starting to bleed a little. I was promptly put on what I like to call "house arrest" and was told I couldn't lift Emma. Luckily for me I had amazing support of family and friends. They all helped me so much in taking care of Emma. Two weeks later I was finally told I could go back to light activities, but that I would have to take it easy. Easier said then done lol! But my complications slowly went away and I am feeling great. Not only that, but the baby is healthy and loves to move around and dance inside me to prove it. I am so thankful that nothing worse came out of this experience! It made me become so much more thankful for a healthy body and a healthy pregnancy! Now I only have to wait a couple more weeks until I meet this little munchkin, and I can hardly wait.
2. I am thankful for a wonderful, loving, and supportive husband.
I really can't say enough about Jake. He really is my my best friend! I just love him. He makes me laugh when I am feeling down. He talks me out of working my self to death and stressing about things that don't matter. Recently his favorite thing to tell me is to not worry about all the projects I want to get done, but to just worry about growing a baby. It is so nice to know that our little family comes first to him. We are perfect for each other. Everyday I am thankful that I said "yes" to him. Life would be so boring with out Jake around. As everyone in my ward now knows, he is perfect! At least to me :)
3. I am thankful for our cute new home.
This past September we moved. We said goodbye to our friends and our little apartment and moved into a new town where Jake works and found a little duplex to rent. And can I just say, I love it here. Our place is so much bigger then our last, and we have a backyard! I think that the backyard is
my Emma's favorite thing. Not only is it nicer then our last place, but it feels like home. We have met so many amazing people here! I just love where I am at. Good friends, a good home, close to Jakes work, what more can a girl ask for.
4. I am thankful for Fall
Fall is my absolute favorite season! The trees change colors, Air turns a little cooler. Scarfs get to become a staple in my closet again. Pumpkins and apples are everywhere. And the world is just beautiful. I love finding trees that are turing bright orange, pink, yellow, and red all at once. They are my favorite. Emma is starting to become more and more excited about fall as well. Whenever we are out it is her goal to find pink trees. It makes me so happy when I see her get so excited over a fall tree.
5. I am thankful for Emma
My little Miss Emma makes me so happy! I am so thankful that I get to spend everyday with her. I get to watch her learn her learn and grow everyday. She is so stinking funny too that there is never a dull moment. She gives the best hugs and kisses and is such a good little helper. I tell her almost daily to never grow up and change. Sadly she never listens. But that is okay, because each day is more fun then the last. And I am so glad that I am the one who gets to be her Mom.
I could go on and on with all that I am thankful for; family, friends, the Gosple, FHE, listening to Emma say prayers, dancing, singing, our little piano, food to eat, warm clothes, gifts that we have received, peaceful music, talents that I have been given, knowing that my family is forever, watching Emma play with her little friends, hearing Emma laugh, a husband who can build and fix pretty much anything.... like I said I could go on and on. All I know is that I am just so thankful for that life that I have. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
I love being a Mom.
by Emily Honsvick 2 comments
- We decorated at Jake's Parents. This was so much fun. Jake was able to help put up the Christmas lights outside, and I got to help set up everything on the inside. I loved every minute of it. Getting to put up Nativities, ornaments, center pieces, stocking... My mother -in-law, Holli, and I kept moving stuff around like crazy before we would decide what goes where. Whenever Jake and his Dad would come inside I would keep showing him something that we moved :) But I must say, the house looks great! It is defiantly looking like Christmas there now. Emma was so excited to watch us put up the CHristmas tree. She even got to play with one of the bell ornaments. I think she thought it was the best thing ever!
- A Christmas Present came early this year. Holli gave Emma her very own baby's first ornament. It is so cute and perfect. It has the year and everything on it. I was so excited to come home and hang it on our tree.
- We went to Church yesterday and had such a great day. We were able to hear the testimonies of many people and I was able to work with a whole bunch of little kids. In my church my responsibility is to teach the 3 and 4 year olds church lessons. I love doing this and watching them learn about the gospel. One of my favorite things is listening to the little children pray. Yesterday I was so touched by one of my little girls prayer. In her prayer she didn't asked for anything. She just thanked her Heavenly Father for everything she loves. She thanked him for Santa, ponies, Jesus, church, teachers, mom, dad, and a whole bunch of other things. The cool thing about it was that she really meant it. It reminded me to be more thankful for everything around me because everything is a gift that we are given by a loving Heavenly Father.
- After church Jake and I worked on Christmas gifts. Its a good thing Emma doesn't pay that much attention because I was kinda working on her gift right in front of her. I was making her a little stuff animal dog made out of a pair of gloves. It is actually turning out really cute. I will have to put up pictures once I am done.
- We got Emma laughing a lot Sunday night. I love the times when I can really get her to giggle and laugh a lot. She is funny and usually tries to hold in her laugh. I am hoping that she is going to be ticklish like me. After all I can't be only one in our family that is ticklish :)
- Last night Jake and I watched the Christmas Devotional from our Church. It was so good with so many great messages. I love how the First Presidency of our church talked about not only the importance of giving but also the importance of receiving. They helped remind me again what really matter this time of year. It is not tinsel and presents, it is the love of God. If you have a chance you should go and watch it. It was amazing!
- Sometimes at night Jake and I love to watch the different Mormon Messages. Last night Jake sowed me a video that I just had to share with you. It tells of a story of two little boys and the lesson they learn about giving. It is such a cute little story that teaches me that you never know what a little service might to someone.
Today I am so thankful for good mornings. This morning I woke up to the sweet sounds of Emma cooing in her bedroom. As I was laying there listening to her, jake decided to make sure that I was really awake. He got his hair and face all wet and jumped on the bed trying to give me a kiss. I was laughing so hard as I tried to hide my face in a pillow. Jake was just to quick for me though. He pinned me down as he let his hair drip on me. Silly husband :) For the rest of the morning our house was filled with laughter as jake got ready for school and I got ready for the day. I just love mornings like these. Now we are off to help my in-laws decorate for Christmas. I am so excited!