So a couple of days ago I got a complete surprise. I was nominated for the Liebster Award from Fannie from Living Life in Pink. I am so excited and feel so honored to be selected.
Questions From Fannie:
1. What's your favorite movie?
The six hour long Pride and Prejudice with Collin Firth is my all time favorite movie! I grew up watching it with my sisters and it is still my go to movie.
2. Which do you like better: Cake or Pie?
Oooh this is a hard one. I think that if I had to choose one it would be cake. I pretty much like andy type of cake there is, it is so good!
3. What's your favorite travel destination
I love traveling to the mountains. Wither I stay in a cabin or a tent, it dose not matter. There is just something about being outdoors where everything is clear and beautiful.
4. What's your favorite color?
My favorite color is a tie between yellow, red, and orange. I pretty much love anything that is these colors.
5, Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to keep my family and friends updated with all my crazy adventures. With life constantly changing and people always moving, it was nice to have a place to connect with everyone at once. Plus, it is a great way to document my everyday life.
6. Who is the most influential person in your life?
THat would have to be my husband. I have learned so much from him. He makes me want to be a better person and try harder to achieve the goals that I set for myself. I am so grateful to have married him. He is the best person I know.
7. What's your fairy tale date night, and what would you wear?
My fairy tale date night actually happened. A couple of years ago Jake worked with a good friend of our to take me on a surprise date. My friend had me convince that we were going to have a girls night. She got me dressed up in my favorite dress. A white V-Neck dress that flows out and hits me at the knee, a green scarf, black high heels, and a white peacoat. She even got my hair curled and my make-up all done up. Once I was all ready I walked out into the living room and was surprised by Jake. He was there waiting for my dressed up in a suite. He gave me a beautiful pearl necklace and surprise me even more with tickets to go and see the Nutcracker that night. It was one of the best dates ever!
8.If you had to choose only 1 to be the cutest, who would you choose: Matt Bomer or Ian Somhalder?
So don't judge me too harshly, but I don't know who these two people are. I am horrible with name and celebrities. And you might think I am silly but I don't think anyone is cuter then my husband :)
9.What's your favorite: lipstick or nailpolish?
Nailpolish would have to be my favorite. I love painting my nails and putting little designs on them. And a little secret for you... I hardly ever wear lipstick. Chapstick is my go to.
10. What was your very first car, and what do you drive now?
My very first car was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. And surprise I drove the same car today. Some day I will get a new car :)
11.What is the funniest memory you can remember?
Hmm this is a hard one. There are so many memories that I love and that are funny. I think one of the funnest memories I have is when I was in high school. One of my roomates and I would go and do the most random things. One night we dresses up in all black and headed over to one of our guy friends house. There we "decorated there apartment" we thought we were so clever until we discovered we were locked out of our apartment. We had to come up with an interesting story to tell our apartment manager why we were dressed up the way we were. THe rest of the night we were laughing about it.
11 Fact about me
1. I don't really like cheese
2. I love to dance and choreograph
3. I love, love musicals
4. I use to play the piano and violin and I am trying to pick them back up again.
5. As much as I love languages, I am horrible at them. My high school spanish teacher called me the gringo of the class lol!
6. I love to laugh
7. I love raw dough of any kind.. cookie dough, bread dough, pizza dough...
8. I love to read
9. I am extremely ticklish
10. I may be a little stubborn
11. I am a sucker for a good salad
My 11 Liebster Award nominees
1. nb| Adore Style ~ Nikki Berezay
2. Simply You & Me ~ Brielle
3. What's in a name ~ Jessica
4. Bissonnette Blog ~ Laura Bissonnette
5. Dr. D & Me ~ KC
6. Perception is Everything ~Janna
7. Sanders ~ Stephanie
8. Something Brought You Here ~ Whitney & Nicole
9. All Things Bright and Beautiful ~ Kaylee
10. Love Always ~ Kerri
11. Dreaming of Dimples ~ Jessah
Rules for Nominees:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with up to/ about 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the sweet blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Questions for my Nominees
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. Where would you love to live and why?
3. What is your must have accessory right now?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. What are you addicted to right now?
6. Favorite moment of 2012
7. Favorite recipe
8. What would be your perfect day?
9. What talent do you wish to learn?
10. What is one of your New Year's resolutions?
11. What are two of the most important things in your life?
by Emily Honsvick 0 comments
After a month of crazy adventures I am finally back. Ever since a couple of weeks before Christmas, my little family and I have been on the go, visiting family and having fun. So, even though it is the middle of January I am going to take the next couple of days to share with you our fun times.
Our adventure started super early on December 15th. We woke Emma up at three in the morning and headed off to the airport to catch a plane to Idaho. We were so excited to see my family and to see a little bit of snow. Emma was such a trooper that day. She absolutely loved the plane ride. It was so funny watching her expressions as she took in her surroundings. Soon we made it to Idaho and the real fun began. Our week was filled with amazing food (I think I ate too much), visiting our old Bishop and friends, spending time with family, playing games, making cookies (did I mention I ate way too much :), introducing my dad to the movie Thor, playng with my Sister and Brother-in-law's new I Mac (Jealous I am), drinking the best chocolate milk ever (Reeds Dairy, you have got to try it), opening Christmas Presents, going to the temple, and so much more. But my favorite part about the trip as visiting my wonderful family and watching my nieces and nephew play with Emma. I just love being with them all. We have too much fun. Here is a little peek into what that week was like.
Recently my Husband, my little girl, and I had to leave super early to catch a plane to go and visit family. When I say super early, I mean extremely early, like 4am early. To make this trip possible a friend of ours agreed to drive us to the airport. He is one amazing guy to give up his Saturday morning to help us out. To thank him and to give him something to keep him awake for the drive, I decided to make him some goodies. My hubby and I decided that cinnamon rolls where the most delicious way to go. The only problem was that I didn't have a recipe. All the recipes that I had called for pre made dough, but I want to make it from scratch.
So what is a girl to do?... Why Google it of course. ( I usually go to Pinterest but I was in a Google mood that day) Right away I found the recipe that I just had to try.
Now just a little background on me... I love to watch the Food Network. My favorites would have to be Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, And Giada. The food for the most part looks so good. It makes me want to cook even more. That being said, I had found a recipe from Paula Deen.
Now without further ado, here is the recipe-
Cinnamon Rolls from Paula Deen- (Source)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for pan
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisin (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Or in a mixer with a dough hook for about 10 minutes
- Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Once risen punch down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Sprinkle with raisins if desired.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned. (I would check the cinnamon rolls early. You don't want them to over cook and with smaller ovens the cook time is a little shorter.)
- Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency.
- Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
Don't these look amazing! They tasted even better then they look. Our friend thought so too. I think he was quiet happy to drive us to the airport if that meant he got a plateful of these awesome cinnamon rolls. Don't take my word for it though go and give them a try. I promise you wont regret it :)
This Christmas season has been pretty hectic in the Honsvick home. We have been busy running back and forth trying to get gifts made, finals completed, house cleaned, and suitcases packed all before our Christmas festivities begin this Saturday.
This Christmas has been a little different for Jake and I. It's our first Christmas with little Miss Emma, and we couldn't be more excited. It has made us really stop and think about what we wanted to focus on this Christmas with her. A part if us wanted to run out and buy her everything under the sun. There was one day that I was even feeling guilty that I wasn't out there buying her the fanciest of things. Instead grandparents played the main role of Santa; while Jake and I were able to make a few things for her from things around the house.
I hope that as the Christmas season continues, I am able to focus on the gifts that Christ would have me give. And not on be completely focused on what is going to be under the tree. It will be a Merry Christmas.
I hope that all of us through the fun will remember what took place on that special night.
Lately our house has been filled with sniffles galore. Hopefully we will all feel better soon. Until then I am gong to enjoy snuggling with my little girl and enjoy holding her as she finally succumbs to sleep.
Here is a picture of the only toy that makes Emma happy right now. I have to say, she has good taste.