For the past year and a half I have been a nanny for three cute little kids. A little girl who is now turning three and two little boys who are a year and a half. Emma has become best friends with these three munchkins. She starts giggling as soon as she sees their house and always runs and gives hugs to the little girl. And the two boys love my Emma so much that they are always trying to give her kisses on the cheeks. It is super cute! I have had a lot of fun with them and seeing all of them grow and learn. But now times are changing and it is time that I am just called Mom.
Wednesday was my last day with this little family. It was bitter sweet. We will miss them, but I am so excited to be a stay-at-home Mom with Emma. I have so many ideas and schemes that I am thinking up, that I am so exited to have extra time with Emma. To start off this new adventure we went to the Library… twice! Emma absolutely loves it there. And I love the programs that they have for children. She loves wandering around the aisles and aisles of book, picking just the right one, and bringing it to me to read. While we are there, we have been able to go to our library’s story time that is just for Emma’s age. Emma loves it! She gets to sing, dance, and read. All of her favorite things in one place. Now I am on the hunt to find all the other cool things that we can do here in Davis. So many adventures are waiting to happen!
Becoming a official sty-at-home mom is not the only exciting thing that has been going on around here. There have been so many exciting changes! It is amazing what a difference a month can make.
Here are just a few awesome things that happened…
- Jake got a job!!!!!!!!! He is now a Financial Annalist for Allstate and he loves it.
- We got a new car… Well new to us :)
- I am helping choreograph for a Tri-Stake Dance Festival
- I am choreographing and performing in a dance number for a Stake Relief Society event.
- I am going to start teaching piano
- We have changed our eating/exercise habits for the better
- Emma is talking more and more and I can pretty much have a little conversation with her. (Granted I probably speak Emma more then most ;)
Life is just pain awesome! We have so much to be grateful for. Every day I can see how our life is blessed and the tender mercies that we receive. And I am so glad that I have such a wonderful husband who supports me in everything I do. So from now on, just call me Mom!Tags: adventure, family