I just love going to church on Easter Sunday. Growing up it was one of my favorite Sundays to go to church. My mom would put together a music program that the choir sung along with a little narration.The music program would take the place of the talks usually given. Although I am no longer in Idaho and attending church with my parents, I still love the messages that come across on Easter. It is a time for us all to refocus on the amazing gift of the atonement and the love our Savior has for us. I know that Christ came to earth and suffered all that I may return to live with my Father in Heaven. It it because of the atonement that I can repent of my weaknesses and be forgiven. Not only that but he knows and understands everything that I go through. The good and the bad. How amazing is that! How often we go through trials and at times feel completely alone. But we are not alone. Our Savior has felt every pain that we may go through. He understands and can help ease our burden if we just follow him. I came across this video the other day and I love it. If you have time, watch it, it is simply amazing. On a different note, with all the business of Easter Sunday we went the whole day without taking a single picture of Emma in her Easter dress. So on Monday we went to our nearby park to take some family pictures. We had so much fun taking the photos. And I decided Jake has a natural talent in using our fancy camera. Most of mine like to turn out blurry, his not so much. One day I will learn how to use that thing :) I am just so glad that we were able to document Emma's first Easter. Now I cant wait to get some of the pictures printed off. We finally have a family picture that is frame worthy! Here is a little peek into a crazy amount of photos that we took. Emma just loves her Daddy and her Daddy just can't get enough of his little girl. Our Family Photos <3 P.S~ I am so excited for tomorrow! The General Conference for my church starts. To learn more about my faith click here. To watch General Conference click here.
I came across this video this past Sunday. It has such a powerful message about overcoming trials and having faith.
It is such a great reminder that the Lord will never forsake us. And as long as we put our faith in Jesus Christ we are never alone.
It is truly amazing to know this and to feel my Saviors love all through my life.
by Emily Honsvick 2 comments
- We decorated at Jake's Parents. This was so much fun. Jake was able to help put up the Christmas lights outside, and I got to help set up everything on the inside. I loved every minute of it. Getting to put up Nativities, ornaments, center pieces, stocking... My mother -in-law, Holli, and I kept moving stuff around like crazy before we would decide what goes where. Whenever Jake and his Dad would come inside I would keep showing him something that we moved :) But I must say, the house looks great! It is defiantly looking like Christmas there now. Emma was so excited to watch us put up the CHristmas tree. She even got to play with one of the bell ornaments. I think she thought it was the best thing ever!
- A Christmas Present came early this year. Holli gave Emma her very own baby's first ornament. It is so cute and perfect. It has the year and everything on it. I was so excited to come home and hang it on our tree.
- We went to Church yesterday and had such a great day. We were able to hear the testimonies of many people and I was able to work with a whole bunch of little kids. In my church my responsibility is to teach the 3 and 4 year olds church lessons. I love doing this and watching them learn about the gospel. One of my favorite things is listening to the little children pray. Yesterday I was so touched by one of my little girls prayer. In her prayer she didn't asked for anything. She just thanked her Heavenly Father for everything she loves. She thanked him for Santa, ponies, Jesus, church, teachers, mom, dad, and a whole bunch of other things. The cool thing about it was that she really meant it. It reminded me to be more thankful for everything around me because everything is a gift that we are given by a loving Heavenly Father.
- After church Jake and I worked on Christmas gifts. Its a good thing Emma doesn't pay that much attention because I was kinda working on her gift right in front of her. I was making her a little stuff animal dog made out of a pair of gloves. It is actually turning out really cute. I will have to put up pictures once I am done.
- We got Emma laughing a lot Sunday night. I love the times when I can really get her to giggle and laugh a lot. She is funny and usually tries to hold in her laugh. I am hoping that she is going to be ticklish like me. After all I can't be only one in our family that is ticklish :)
- Last night Jake and I watched the Christmas Devotional from our Church. It was so good with so many great messages. I love how the First Presidency of our church talked about not only the importance of giving but also the importance of receiving. They helped remind me again what really matter this time of year. It is not tinsel and presents, it is the love of God. If you have a chance you should go and watch it. It was amazing!
- Sometimes at night Jake and I love to watch the different Mormon Messages. Last night Jake sowed me a video that I just had to share with you. It tells of a story of two little boys and the lesson they learn about giving. It is such a cute little story that teaches me that you never know what a little service might to someone.